I think I need some help on this one.
What is that Classic Mac Sound?
I was wondering how the MacIntosh C-22 reissue preamp would compete sound wise with something from Audio by VanAlstine or Nelson Pass or other makes less than 6000 bucks.
I had the latest Absolute Sounds 2017 Editors Choice Awards issue. This is what it said;
The C-22 has that( Classic Mac Sound ) made contemporary with greater transparency and much lower noise and distortion.
So if you want to know what that classic Mac sound is the answer; might be less transparency with more noise and distortion.
Then I wondered could Stevie Wonder walk into a room and tell you it was Macintosh playing because of a certain classic sound?
Do those nice aqua blue lights have anything to do with the sound or the fantastic build quality?
Just something I thought about. I was wondering what is that sound? Hey thanks alot for any replies....have a good one...Mark Korda
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Classic Mac Sound - firstname.lastname@example.org 11:10:14 02/19/17 (11)
- RE: Classic Mac Sound - goldenthal 19:34:58 02/25/17 (1)
- RE: Classic Mac Sound - email@example.com 08:52:41 02/26/17 (0)
- I do not think much of 'Classic Mac Sound' just old fashioned muck with grain. - 3+4=5 11:11:01 02/21/17 (0)
- RE: Classic Mac Sound - stellavox 07:48:52 02/21/17 (0)
- RE: Classic Mac Sound - fantja 19:20:20 02/19/17 (1)
- RE: Classic Mac Sound - firstname.lastname@example.org 06:48:32 02/20/17 (0)
- RE: Classic Mac Sound - 6bq5 18:29:10 02/19/17 (4)