In Reply to: RE: Very well posted by Doug Schneider on January 27, 2017 at 11:29:53:
Love his guitar work and had the opportunity to experience him live on several occasions! Oops, wrong Michael. :)
Perhaps as JA seems to find, there is apparently difficulty associating an increase in distortion with perceived sound quality. One cannot find any such mention of such issues in this review of a two way Monitor Audio speaker. Excerpts from your conclusion:
" The ribbon tweeter and woofer are proprietary designs that are merged together splendidly...
Other strengths include a high level of transparency and detail along with super-extended highs that are effortless and clean. The sense of spaciousness these speakers can convey is awesome."
Despite those favorable comments, the THD curve is indeed much higher at the bottom of the tweeter's range.
Do you know of their current CP-IW460X suffers any issues with its three way design passing over to the ribbon at 3 kHz?
Admittedly, the speakers I've auditioned and found to be excellent run the ribbon tweeters above around 6 kHz.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Exemplary Review Standard - House13 07:13:24 01/25/17 (32)
- RE: Exemplary Review Standard - Isaak J. Garvey 18:37:00 01/26/17 (0)
- RE: Exemplary Review Standard - John Atkinson 04:41:13 01/26/17 (22)
- RE: Exemplary Review Standard - Doug Schneider 17:37:08 01/26/17 (21)
- RE: Exemplary Review Standard - A.Wayne 08:22:47 02/01/17 (1)
- We Use Output Level... - Doug Schneider 07:19:32 02/13/17 (0)
- Help me understand why - E-Stat 06:40:54 01/27/17 (18)
- RE: Help me understand why - tomservo 07:47:25 01/27/17 (1)
- Thanks for the detailed reply - E-Stat 08:31:24 01/27/17 (0)
- RE: Help me understand why - Doug Schneider 07:18:34 01/27/17 (15)
- That would be the person - E-Stat 08:24:11 01/27/17 (14)
- Example: ribbon tweeters - Doug Schneider 09:42:27 01/27/17 (13)
- RE: Example: ribbon tweeters - A.Wayne 08:31:55 02/01/17 (0)
- Very well - E-Stat 10:29:26 01/27/17 (11)
- RE: Very well -- I have not heard the Scaenas or Nolas, but . . . - goldenthal 19:45:40 01/28/17 (3)
- RE: Very well -- I have not heard the Scaenas or Nolas, but . . . - E-Stat 06:30:42 01/29/17 (2)
- RE: Very well -- I have not heard the Scaenas or Nolas, but . . . - goldenthal 12:25:47 01/29/17 (1)
- RE: Very well -- I have not heard the Scaenas or Nolas, but . . . - E-Stat 15:30:06 01/29/17 (0)
- RE: Very well - Doug Schneider 10:43:02 01/27/17 (6)
- RE: Very well - E-Stat 10:46:49 01/27/17 (5)
- RE: Exemplary Review Standard - fmak 01:07:09 01/26/17 (0)
- RE: Exemplary Review Standard - mkuller 20:43:36 01/25/17 (6)