In Reply to: RE: that's funny... posted by tmsorosk on January 12, 2012 at 03:50:13:
...but Harry spoke at RMAF in 2009 - see below.
He is an interesting guy.
While he can be very pompous, he does have a self-effacing sense of humor and can be very entertaining.
He is extremely knowledgeable and I believe there would be no high end audio without him.
There is a reason he is king.
He always chose his own equipment but during the heydays of TAS, he had a set-up guy who helped him with it - Frank Doris in the 1980s and then Scot Markwell in the 1990s.
They were both very perceptive listeners in their own rights and helped HP come up with some of his better equipment configurations/synergy and even wrote some equipment reviews.
These same guys also interfaced with the manufacturers to procure equipment for the reviewers.
Both went on to great jobs in audio.
RMAF Part 1
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Where's HP? - hawkmoon 05:41:30 01/09/12 (14)
- RE: Where's HP? - Bill the K 02:27:59 01/13/12 (0)
- RE: Where's HP? - tmsorosk 17:13:11 01/11/12 (5)
- that's funny... - hifitommy 22:27:40 01/11/12 (4)
- What I want to know - barryb 09:35:51 01/11/12 (1)
- RE: What I want to know - Chazro 11:05:01 01/11/12 (0)
- He's in the Bahamas with Peter Aczel. n/t - hesson11 21:10:55 01/09/12 (0)
- RE: Where's HP? - Frank I 16:29:58 01/09/12 (2)
- He recently submitted copy - E-Stat 08:16:31 01/09/12 (0)
- Regarding HP - I don't know if you saw it... - mkuller 16:20:24 01/12/12 (1)
- RE: Regarding HP - tmsorosk 17:00:27 01/12/12 (0)