I just got an email that Harvey had passed away while traveling in Illinois. I called his home and got a police officer on the phone (I then separately called the police department on another line to assure myself that it was not some elaborate hoax). I understand that it was possibly a heart attack.
I was working with him to develop a new cable, I will miss him.
He was a strong and controversial character in audio, but absolutely fired up with passion for "that final sound".
Rest In Peace, Dr Gizmo.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Sad news, Dr. Harvey "Gizmo" Rosenberg has passed away - Ray Kimber 17:52:24 07/16/01 (6)
- Re: Sad news, Dr. Harvey "Gizmo" Rosenberg has passed away - bearz 12:19:21 07/18/01 (1)
- Re: Sad news, Dr. Harvey "Gizmo" Rosenberg has passed away - Auscultatus 13:26:32 07/18/01 (0)
- Re: Sad news, Dr. Harvey "Gizmo" Rosenberg has passed away - Auscultatus 16:25:26 07/17/01 (0)
- Very sad news indeed! (n/t) - Ed Sommer 10:19:07 07/17/01 (0)
- I look forward to a memorial Gizmo Kimber cable (nt) - Mike B. 20:24:10 07/16/01 (0)
- Dr. Rosenberg. . . - Hantra 19:11:30 07/16/01 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.