Not sure which is the best forum for this, but am trying Cable Asylum first.
I am auditioning a new integrated tube amp that has only one pair of balanced inputs (XLR). So I have to choose between phono and DAC which to connect to the balanced port. Both units have XLR output, but the sources feeding the DAC are unbalanced.
Int Amp = Ayon Spirit III
Phono stage = Rogue Ares
Phono cart = Dyna 20X2L
DAC = CI Audio VDA-2 with balanced output option
Digital sources fed through the DAC = CAL CD transport (RCA) and SonicOrbiter (Toslink)
Cables are Cardas Cross XLR (phono) and Harmonic Tech XLR (DAC)
The question is: Which source will benefit more from the balanced connection?
Thanks in advance.
. . . in theory, practice and theory are the same; in practice, they are different . . .
Edits: 02/10/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Yet another question about balanced vs unbalanced signals - tlea 06:04:57 02/10/17 (8)
- RE: Yet another question about balanced vs unbalanced signals - SgreenP@MSN.com 20:13:07 02/11/17 (0)
- contact the manufacturers - madisonears 18:47:53 02/11/17 (2)
- "The single-ended path with less processing will probably sound better."(then just listening will tell) - 3+4=5 07:32:35 02/13/17 (0)
- RE: contact the manufacturers - Tre' 10:11:37 02/12/17 (0)
- RE: Yet another question about balanced vs unbalanced signals - Chris K. 12:21:28 02/11/17 (0)
- RE: Yet another question about balanced vs unbalanced signals - Tre' 08:32:32 02/10/17 (0)
- The one that sounds better using the balanced IC - 3+4=5 08:18:05 02/10/17 (1)
- I agree (nt) - Duster 13:55:10 02/11/17 (0)