Home Cable Asylum

Interconnects, speaker wire, power cords. Ask the Cable Guys.

Yes, it's certainly possible

I did that some years ago with an Audio Alchemy something or other. If memory serves me, it was one of their "jitter reducer" boxes. Just be sure to get a 75 ohm (as opposed to 50 ohm) BNC.

Since there are no true 75 ohm RCAs, the correct BNC is the way to go, or that's what the "experts" at Stereophile etc. said years ago. It was easy enough to remove the female RCA and replace it with the female 75 ohm BNC.

Given that it was inexpensive to swap, and techies claimed it measured better as an interface than the RCA, I took that route.

I linked to one below, as an example, but I can't recall which one I used.

"Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be. 'Cause now I'm an amputee" J. Lennon

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Yes, it's certainly possible - 1973shovel 06:26:36 02/06/17 (0)


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.