I recently replaced my dead Classe CDP with a Cambridge CDX transport and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised at the sound.
However, I'm curious because my old unit had an AES/EBU interface and the new unit has only an RCA Jack. Would it be possible for me to add a BNC jack to the tranport since my dac has a BNC input jack? I haven't opened the unit yet but I'm sure I'll find the RCA jack mounted on the PCB and I would just simply wire the BNC in parallel with the RCA. Is this advisable or should I just enjoy the music?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Adding BNC Jack to CD Transport - Batman 05:37:29 02/05/17 (13)
- RE: Adding BNC Jack to CD Transport - Duster 19:51:13 02/09/17 (0)
- RE: Adding BNC Jack to CD Transport - DrN 10:42:56 02/07/17 (0)
- RE: Adding BNC Jack to CD Transport - lokie 05:30:37 02/07/17 (5)
- RE: Adding BNC Jack to CD Transport - Jonesy 09:24:19 02/07/17 (4)
- (Update) RE: Adding BNC Jack to CD Transport - Jonesy 12:26:24 02/06/17 (0)
- RE: Adding BNC Jack to CD Transport - Jonesy 11:36:48 02/06/17 (0)
- Yes, it's certainly possible - 1973shovel 06:26:36 02/06/17 (0)
- I would think it easier to make a BNC to RCA cable. nt - 3+4=5 07:19:29 02/05/17 (1)
- Already Did that - Batman 07:43:24 02/05/17 (0)