I bought some interconnects last year.
Spent a lot on them.
One of the main things which popped out immediately with the new IC was the increase in dynamic range
This change with the new IC that I do not understand, is the increase in dynamic range. Hell it was actually ANNOYING! I mean setting the vol the same as before, the low level music, (Classical) was too soft, and still the loud portions became louder than before. It took awhile to get used to it.
And I really am WTF how can this be?
So the question is: how can a single pair of IC change the dynamic range, all by themselves?
I had used a few different cables prior to this new one, and none of them made a difference in this parameter.
But THIS one it was a big deal, and a clear difference in actual dynamic range, easily repeatable switching back.
And no I do not want to say which brand. I want to discuss how an IC can alter the dynamic range in electrical terms. Not futz about brands.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Question about dynamic range and IC electrical parameters - 3+4=5 10:44:54 02/02/17 (15)
- Well, I should have known there is not idea what could cause it. Same as: - 3+4=5 11:39:26 02/05/17 (1)
- OK. Let's go with straight forward electrical "resistance" - Jonesy 13:02:56 02/06/17 (0)
- RE: Question about dynamic range and IC electrical parameters - lokie 08:36:41 02/03/17 (1)
- 4ohms is alot/massively high - PingPing 14:43:43 02/05/17 (0)
- RE: Question about dynamic range and IC electrical parameters - Paul Wilson 03:43:22 02/03/17 (1)
- Yes, and "Belief cables made a difference".. 50 years in audio and eventually yes I came to that conclusion - 3+4=5 09:39:59 02/03/17 (0)
- RE: Question about dynamic range and IC electrical parameters - Awe-d-o-file 12:54:46 02/02/17 (8)
- Dynamic range as annoying.. Due to being suprised and wondering what is going on... - 3+4=5 14:21:41 02/02/17 (7)
- Seems to me... - Jonesy 17:32:26 02/02/17 (5)
- Seems to me... "I know just enough to get into trouble. But not enough to get out of it." applies nt - 3+4=5 22:20:05 02/02/17 (4)
- LOL! I liked your first reply better... - Jonesy 07:11:49 02/03/17 (3)
- Drop ship from the manufacturer. And I am not worried about an answer - 3+4=5 09:12:20 02/03/17 (2)
- RE: Drop ship from the manufacturer. And I am not worried about an answer - ahendler 12:00:08 02/03/17 (0)
- Fair enough... - Jonesy 09:50:58 02/03/17 (0)
- RE: Dynamic range as annoying.. Due to being suprised and wondering what is going on... - Awe-d-o-file 16:02:51 02/02/17 (0)