In Reply to: RE: Pinging Mr. Duster posted by Sondek on December 21, 2016 at 15:18:59:
....is trying to crimp those non-plyable Oyaide Fastons. There is little give in them. That's one of the reasons why I recommended soldering.
Perhaps if one invests in the ultra-expensive, dedicated crimping tool then you can have your cake, etc. etc. But for just one or two applications?
I have no stake in arguing soldering vs. crimping....whatever you wish is fine with me.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Pinging Mr. Duster - Sondek 14:48:14 12/20/16 (12)
- RE: Pinging Mr. Duster - alan m. kafton 15:22:50 12/20/16 (11)
- RE: Pinging Mr. Duster - Sondek 15:32:59 12/20/16 (10)
- RE: Pinging Mr. Duster - Duster 20:08:44 12/20/16 (9)
- RE: Pinging Mr. Duster - Sondek 07:56:51 12/21/16 (8)
- RE: Pinging Mr. Duster - alan m. kafton 14:31:03 12/21/16 (7)
- RE: Pinging Mr. Duster - Sondek 15:18:59 12/21/16 (6)
- RE: The problem.... - alan m. kafton 16:34:41 12/22/16 (2)
- RE: The problem.... - Sondek 10:54:35 12/23/16 (1)
- Exactly....keep us posted. - alan m. kafton 12:10:18 12/23/16 (0)
- is it possible to clamp and solder the tignt wires? (in a way the clamp can be removed afterwards?) nt - 4px=y 19:59:24 12/21/16 (2)
- tingt should be tight.. tight. nt - 4px=y 20:01:26 12/21/16 (1)
- sadly my 'moniker' 4px=y² fails each time to include the (²) and screws up any chance at modifying a post LOL nt - 4px=y 20:05:12 12/21/16 (0)