Home Cable Asylum

Interconnects, speaker wire, power cords. Ask the Cable Guys.

I stand corrected, perhaps...

I already knew that Teflon is a family of DuPont fluoropolymers, consisting of: PTFE, FEP, ETFE (Tefzel), and PFA, but...

A fellow inmate says it is actually correct to refer to FEP as "Teflon".

I understand that it is "correct" in the strict sense of the term but, as I said in the post:

"...Dupont's FEP product is branded as Teflon® FEP), Teflon usually refers to PTFE in audiophlia, no matter who manufacturered it..."

To the best of my understanding; to casually call FEP "Teflon" without mentioning FEP in the same breath is misleading. I do not think I'm the originator of this notion. However, if I am, than I'm sorry for posting the statement about FEP.

...and I'll make sure to use the word Teflon instead of FEP to describe my FEP insulated cables in future posts, since it sure looks a helluva lot cooler than FEP does.


This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.