Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
Just registered on this forum a bit ago and can't wait to read all the information on here. My name is Josh, I recently started up a company called Juvie Juke Box with a good friend of mine. We produce electronic calling systems that our customers can use during the Conversation Order Season for Snow goose hunting in the Spring as well as in Canada in the fall. We have been absolutely swamped with orders the past month and a half but are coming to a slow down here. We are looking to add a few features to our units and I have not the slightest clue where to begin.
Currently we are using a 400W 2 Channel Amp to power either 2 or 4 100W outdoor speakers. We provide the amp with sound via AUX cord to an MP3 player.
My main questions are, how can we increase the volume of this? There is the option to use the RCA hookups on the amp then manually increase the gain on the amp but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference volume wise. I've tried using something called a Boostaroo and although the volume increased the quality drastically decreased.
Second question is. We are on the hunt for a way to remotely adjust the volume up or down from a decent distance away. Ideally long range but 50-100 feet would be a good start. I've tested amps that come with a remote but they only work to about 5-8 feet tops which is pointless for our use.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Controlling Volume Remotely/Increasing Volume - Juvie Juke Box 11:34:39 03/15/17 (5)
- RE: Controlling Volume Remotely/Increasing Volume - Mr Peabody 14:50:52 03/16/17 (0)
- Find more efficient speakers.. The 'other end' of the way to increase volume. - 3+4=5 14:16:16 03/15/17 (2)
- RE: Find more efficient speakers.. The 'other end' of the way to increase volume. - Juvie Juke Box 14:23:52 03/15/17 (1)
- Also, perhaps a high pass filter may help - 3+4=5 13:06:11 03/18/17 (0)
- RE: Controlling Volume Remotely/Increasing Volume - 6bq5 12:36:09 03/15/17 (0)