Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
Hey, everyone. I've been doing a lot of upgrades to my set up recently and now its time to get to my amp. My current set up consists of a Pro Ject Debut III with 2M Blue Cartridge>U turn Pluto Phono Preamp>Yamaha RXV-465>Dali Zensor 3 loud speakers. I also use an old Marantz CD Player as well.
So my initial plan was to get a Marantz PM6005 as an upgrade, I know this works well with the speakers I have and I wouldn't mind having an integrated phono stage as well. After looking around a bit I am wondering if I am selling myself short by going for this level of amp. I do intend to further upgrade my set up (looking at a Rega Planar 3 eventually) and was thinking about a Marantz PM8005. My budget is topped at about $1000 and I'm open to other ideas.
Integrated phono and a decently built headphone amp to drive my HD650's is a plus
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Integrated Amp upgrade - BMWDoctor 06:06:18 03/09/17 (9)
- Its horses for courses... - viridian 18:19:27 03/09/17 (2)
- RE: Its horses for courses... - BMWDoctor 18:24:33 03/09/17 (1)
- I find the Rega to be very nicely balanced with excellent... - viridian 18:38:15 03/09/17 (0)
- If used is OK - G Squared 13:44:35 03/09/17 (0)
- RE: Integrated Amp upgrade - BMWDoctor 11:51:45 03/09/17 (0)
- RE: Integrated Amp upgrade - Mr Peabody 08:41:38 03/09/17 (0)
- RE: Integrated Amp upgrade - AbeCollins 08:03:42 03/09/17 (2)