Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: RE: Absolutely posted by FenderLover on March 3, 2017 at 18:33:17:
Sub connected by speaker level wiring doesn't consume much / any real power. That tells me very high input impedance. At least this is true with powered subs.
SS amps are theoretically best with the Lowest output impedance. That measure drives damping factor on which most modern speakers thrive.
I'm speaking to active subs.
When speaker level was mentioned, I was thinking (dangerous at best of times) that this was as opposed to line level inputs.
Too much is never enoughThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Does the amp "see" the subwoofer? - Raymond Leggs 13:54:30 03/03/17 (10)
- RE: Does the amp "see" the subwoofer? - Dave_K 04:41:18 03/04/17 (0)
- My amps have been looking for a sub-woofer for years... - Ivan303 18:17:22 03/03/17 (0)
- Absolutely - E-Stat 14:52:02 03/03/17 (7)
- RE: Absolutely - BigguyinATL 11:15:32 03/08/17 (1)
- RE: I should add... - BigguyinATL 12:01:38 03/09/17 (0)
- RE: Absolutely - pictureguy 15:39:15 03/03/17 (4)