Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: RE: Absolutely posted by pictureguy on March 3, 2017 at 15:39:15:
I would imagine an amp "sees" all speakers attached to its input. Isn't this why speaker's impedance should match the amp's output impedance?
Now, if that were an active sub-woofer, attached to the output of the pre-amp or gain section of the amp... maybe not. At least not the secondary windings of the OPT.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Does the amp "see" the subwoofer? - Raymond Leggs 13:54:30 03/03/17 (10)
- RE: Does the amp "see" the subwoofer? - Dave_K 04:41:18 03/04/17 (0)
- My amps have been looking for a sub-woofer for years... - Ivan303 18:17:22 03/03/17 (0)
- Absolutely - E-Stat 14:52:02 03/03/17 (7)
- RE: Absolutely - BigguyinATL 11:15:32 03/08/17 (1)
- RE: I should add... - BigguyinATL 12:01:38 03/09/17 (0)
- RE: Absolutely - pictureguy 15:39:15 03/03/17 (4)