Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: RE: Here's what I posted about them... posted by 4everyoung on February 27, 2017 at 08:20:39:
That's a popular phrase among amp assemblers that incorporate OEM modules in their audiophile amps. Other than being "heavily modified" or using a "heavy linear power supply", what more can they offer? They're all OEM modules designed by someone else for easy packaging in a nice enclosure. The "packager" has little R&D or engineering investment in the final product.
I'm not saying they all sound bad, but this whole "heavily modified" B.S. is just a way to try and differentiate themselves in a market full of OEM module packagers.
OK. Turning OFF my cynical attitude now. ;-)
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Glaciier Audio (Gilmore) Raptor 500D amps - 4everyoung 18:57:38 02/24/17 (11)
- Raptors... - mkuller 10:23:02 02/25/17 (10)
- RE: Raptors... - 4everyoung 12:12:28 02/25/17 (9)
- Here's what I posted about them... - mkuller 12:24:45 02/25/17 (8)
- RE: Here's what I posted about them... - AbeCollins 22:02:03 02/25/17 (7)
- RE: Here's what I posted about them... - ahendler 21:39:02 02/26/17 (6)
- RE: Here's what I posted about them... - 4everyoung 08:20:39 02/27/17 (5)