Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: "horrified at the extra expense" posted by Jim Hodgson on February 21, 2017 at 08:12:03:
Again, even the stock tubes do a nice job once they get some time of use. It's neat though to get to experience a great new sound just by switching tubes, and I think that's an indication of a good preamp!
Many good NOS tubes are already extinct it seems. I would love to hear the Tung-Sol round plates in my system, but finding them new seems impossible.
"Humility is the true mark of genius. Just get used to it."
-AnonymousThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Getting great vocals with the Shiit Freya - scruffy_ 13:41:52 02/20/17 (14)
- UPDATED POST - scruffy_ 17:32:46 03/08/17 (0)
- Addendum - Saga Tube Rolling - Greg Cz 06:11:30 02/26/17 (0)
- RE: Getting great vocals with the Shiit Freya - KanedaK 00:21:14 02/22/17 (0)
- RE: Getting great vocals with the Shiit Freya - airtime 15:30:09 02/21/17 (1)
- I tried to take some pictures but I do not know how to take the preamp apart! nt - scruffy_ 05:11:22 02/22/17 (0)
- Is that supposed to be like Freya Shiit and Your Ass Will Follow?... - musetap 19:29:09 02/20/17 (3)
- Id say - Awe-d-o-file 12:42:10 02/21/17 (0)
- RE: Is that supposed to be like Freya Shiit and Your Ass Will Follow?... - scruffy_ 04:36:35 02/21/17 (1)
- RE: Is that supposed to be like Freya Shiit and Your Ass Will Follow?... - Inmate51 13:41:50 02/21/17 (0)
- RE: Getting great vocals with the Shiit Freya - 13th Duke of Wymbourne 14:09:53 02/20/17 (4)Follow Ups
- The Sylvania Chrome Tops (6SN7GTA) are pretty cheap and do a good job - scruffy_ 05:07:57 02/22/17 (0)