Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
This amp has been out since late 2013, early 2014. It will probably be due for replacement in a year or so timeframe.
Anyone have any experience with this particular amp? I'm considering getting one, but on the fence about it. The stereo shop that sells these made the statement its an improvement upon the previous series of Rotels, saying (in stereo shop sales speak) that this model makes the old ones sound broken. They went on how well built these current models are.
Now whether any of that is true or just BS, I'm curious to consider getting one. I used to own the RB 970MkII and the RB 1070 amps. The 1070 was known to be a lesser sounding amp, with maybe some harsh high end and brittle sound. The 970 may have been a little better in that respect.
So is the sound quality of the 1582MkII any good? Is it better then their older models, or about the same? Or should I just hold out for this model's replacement which will probably come in 2018?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Rotel RB-1582MKII Amp - Braxus 12:38:54 02/13/17 (14)
- RE: Rotel RB-1582MKII Amp - pictureguy 10:10:49 02/15/17 (2)
- RE: Rotel RB-1582MKII Amp - digepix 11:55:15 02/15/17 (1)
- RE: Rotel RB-1582MKII Amp - pictureguy 12:45:53 02/15/17 (0)
- RE: Rotel RB-1582MKII Amp - digepix 10:04:44 02/15/17 (0)
- RE: Rotel RB-1582MKII Amp - miner42 08:14:54 02/14/17 (0)
- RE: Rotel RB-1582MKII Amp - ABliss 19:59:56 02/13/17 (1)
- RE: Rotel RB-1582MKII Amp - Braxus 20:12:44 02/13/17 (0)
- RE: Rotel RB-1582MKII Amp - fstein 15:36:43 02/13/17 (6)
- RE: Rotel RB-1582MKII Amp - Braxus 16:01:44 02/13/17 (5)