Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.
In Reply to: Re: No. posted by saltyflies on April 17, 2007 at 15:23:04:
Yes I've tried the SS buffer route using it before and after the TVC. It didn't make a difference either way I tried it in my system.
I've tried active tubes as the preamp. There's a certain thing tubes do that you can't get from the others.. this is true. At the same time I loss some of the transparency I've grown to love. I suppose it is a give and take.
That's probably why it is best to own one of each passive/tube and SS active. This way depending on the mood you get the sound you're looking for that day.
I've heard of audiophiles running an active tube preamp with their TVC.
I think Nick likes this sound as he also makes an active tube stage for his TVC. Maybe one of these days I'll get a chance to try the Promitheus active tubed stage with my TVC.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Best Pre Under 450$ (Ebay) - Sweetshoes18 20:26:27 04/15/07 (28)
- Prometheus TVC (Question) - Sweetshoes18 13:50:48 04/16/07 (19)
- Re: Prometheus TVC (Question) - JANDG 19:30:07 04/16/07 (0)
- Re: Prometheus TVC (Question) - Gmood1 16:13:40 04/16/07 (8)
- So what amp would be a good be a good match? - chriss 17:26:42 04/16/07 (7)
- nuforce monoblocks (ref 9 etc) - gordan 02:48:35 04/17/07 (0)
- Re: So what amp would be a good be a good match? - Gmood1 18:10:10 04/16/07 (5)
- Re: So what amp would be a good be a good match? - Ozzy 01:55:06 04/17/07 (0)
- Re: So what amp would be a good be a good match? - chriss 18:32:07 04/16/07 (3)
- No. - firstname.lastname@example.org 13:57:52 04/16/07 (8)
- Re: No. - Ozzy 14:53:28 04/16/07 (7)
- Consider Bottlehead Foreplay Kit As Well - JimOfOakCreek 10:22:44 04/16/07 (2)
- Where's the Promithues TVC??? - email@example.com 08:40:13 04/16/07 (2)
- I tend to believe that the best thing about TVC is not the trannies but no power cord. - gordan 15:31:11 04/16/07 (1)
- The magic is in those trannies.... - firstname.lastname@example.org 07:41:38 04/17/07 (0)
- Ming Da MC-7R - leader 00:34:52 04/16/07 (1)
- Re: Ming Da MC-7R - msa 05:21:03 04/17/07 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.