Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: RE: All I can say is that I hope..... posted by AbeCollins on July 12, 2017 at 09:37:01:
I stopped competitive target shooting (F class) about three years ago due to deterioration of my eyesight. My eyes are not nearly bad enough to hinder my day to day activities, but they became bad enough to not allow a crisp target picture at long range and that took much of the enjoyment out of target shooting.
I even sold some of my rifles because of this. Gone are my Terry Cross built M40 (.308 Obermeyer 5R barrel), my Ray Montgomery built 6.5x284 on an AI stock, and my McMillan stocked 6.5x47 Lapua w/custom 5R cut rifled barrel by my friend JR at Border Barrels in Scotland. All were wearing Nightforce glass.
I fully get you on the coffee drinking. I competed at Perry about ten years ago, and our coach would not permit any of the team to go to the line if we consumed coffee within the previous 48 hrs.
I still go to our local gun club range, but just to get off a few rounds and to socialize. All this just in time to see that our State and Town govt's very recently broke ground on a world-class shooting complex just a few miles from my home that is said to rival the NRA range in Raton. Google "Cameo Shooting Complex".
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - race driver barely misses a SUV(??) crossing the racetrack - Green Lantern 18:10:59 07/10/17 (10)
- A High-Tech Race Car Like That............ - SpotcheckBilly12345 08:11:04 07/11/17 (8)
- All I can say is that I hope..... - AbeCollins 13:01:27 07/11/17 (7)
- RE: All I can say is that I hope..... - SpotcheckBilly12345 07:15:34 07/12/17 (6)
- RE: All I can say is that I hope..... - AbeCollins 08:27:29 07/12/17 (5)
- RE: All I can say is that I hope..... - SpotcheckBilly12345 09:24:58 07/12/17 (4)
- RE: All I can say is that I hope..... - AbeCollins 09:37:01 07/12/17 (3)
- RE: race driver barely misses a SUV(??) crossing the racetrack - AbeCollins 20:06:46 07/10/17 (0)