Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
up in Grass Valley, CA. GV and neighboring Nevada City are a kind of mecca for bluegrass musicians and fans. Both towns are on historic highway CA 49, the gold rush road, although that has nothing to do with music or the party I was at probably. I don't know how many people were there, maybe 50. They were all clustering up in groups of 3-7 jamming around the garden and living room, music room, etc. The hostess, Kathy Barwick, used to work for me, but has always had one foot firmly in the music world. She teaches flat picking, has a few CD's, plays everything with strings, just about, bluegrass, country blues rock, irish folk, etc. Mostly known for her resonator guitar playing, I suppose. Anyhow, it was a fine party, good food and drinks, pool table...
Here are a few pics I came away with. I was more focussed on stuff other than photos and now I wish I had more. One is a vid, which I should have made longer for you. Sorry
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - nice music party yesterday - stan2 21:31:24 07/09/17 (11)
- RE: nice music party yesterday - Timbo in Oz 15:03:05 07/10/17 (3)
- re: audio recording... - stan2 20:58:13 07/10/17 (2)
- In my case I was focussed on recording for Artsound FM using their gear. - Timbo in Oz 21:42:50 07/10/17 (1)
- RE: In my case I was focussed on recording for Artsound FM using their gear. - Inmate51 08:32:55 07/15/17 (0)
- Great pics! - FenderLover 21:45:57 07/09/17 (6)
- Some due diligence on the guitar player - stan2 23:09:24 07/14/17 (0)
- Some due diligence on the guitar player - stan2 22:21:42 07/09/17 (3)
- It's a capo - FenderLover 02:23:15 07/10/17 (2)
- thanks! got me - stan2 22:05:12 07/09/17 (0)