Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: RE: With a range of 400 miles... posted by jec01 on June 13, 2017 at 10:21:40:
as it provides a little bit of clarity to the quasi-technical jumble of concept words invoked in the original post.
To wit, sez C&D's blog:
"Fisker claims that the EMotion will have a 400-mile electric range and will be able to reach 161 mph. The company also says its UltraCharger will be able to provide the car with 100 miles of range in just nine minutes. The EMotion will be based on a lightweight carbon and aluminum structure and will utilize supercapacitors and graphene battery technology that Henrik Fisker characterizes as a "major breakthrough.""
So: 100 miles of juice in 9 minutes.
Supercapacitors AND graphene batteries.
Having had a 100 uF @ 100V bypass cap let go & eviscerate itself in my 2A3 amp last week, I am not looking forward to what supercapacitors'll do when something goes a wee bit awry. ;-)
As a snarky aside: There certainly seems to be an inverse correlation between the use of words like "breakthrough" and "technology" in the modern era with actual content. The best thing I can say is that I didn't espy the word "transformational" attributed to Mr. Fisker.
all the best,
Edits: 06/13/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - With a range of 400 miles... - kootenay 08:52:31 06/13/17 (15)
- RE: With a range of 400 miles... - pictureguy 22:09:25 06/13/17 (0)
- And what charger will they use for a 9-minute charge? - AbeCollins 19:56:44 06/13/17 (0)
- Wasn't Fisker federally subsidized, later declared bankruptcy then disappeared? (nt) - Steve O 18:12:31 06/13/17 (0)
- A Fisker? - free.ranger 17:49:59 06/13/17 (0)
- RE: With a range of 400 miles... - jec01 10:21:40 06/13/17 (10)
- The price of the car is in line... - kootenay 12:41:58 06/13/17 (4)
- Tesla cab company - grantv 19:05:23 06/13/17 (1)
- Uber?... - kootenay 19:45:30 06/13/17 (0)
- Ok, fair enough - jec01 12:51:05 06/13/17 (1)
- Agreed!... - kootenay 13:09:40 06/13/17 (0)
- thanks for posting that link - mhardy6647 10:37:03 06/13/17 (4)