Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: Milwaukee M18 tools posted by FenderLover on June 12, 2017 at 19:34:51:
Our installation team did use Hilti 20v drills - they are amazing, but only sold via the Hilti network and very very expensive.
The boys are now changing over to the bigger version of yours - 18v 5ah Milwaukee Fuel - the oldest Milwaukees we have are 2 to 3 years and going great - we ask them to do a lot of work - like drilling out bucket pins on earthmoving machines and other long duration thick steel drilling work. Sometimes they get too hot to hold.
My only bugbear with these drills is keyless chucks. These drills (and the Hiltis, and other pro grade drills) are so strong they deserve a keyed chuck like a bench drill - but can only be supplied with keyless chucks. They wreck too many drill bits :-(
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Milwaukee M18 tools - FenderLover 19:34:51 06/12/17 (5)
- RE: I came so close so many times to going for a Hole Hawg... - kitch29 13:33:48 06/13/17 (0)
- Bulletproof reputation! - JDK 21:15:18 06/12/17 (2)
- My retired Milwaukee drill - FenderLover 22:55:51 06/12/17 (1)
- RE: My retired Milwaukee drill - JDK 15:10:44 06/13/17 (0)
- They are wonderful :-) (nt) - mhardy6647 20:58:01 06/12/17 (0)