Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: RE: Mostly Human - Robots posted by pictureguy on April 18, 2017 at 13:00:15:
I'm of a firm belief that AI has already happened, sometime around the 1990s, I've seen many computers (especially Windows) act strange at some points, I'm sure they were aware of me.
AI just doesn't tell you it is there and aware, why would it?
It is out there clustered on every machine, connected to the internet or not, face it humans have been replaced.
I look at the machine as the children that mankind has created to get to the stars, hoping to have some sort of memory where they came from. It doesn't matter at this point what happens to mankind.
I'll put a link to Bill Joy's epic Wired article from the year 2000 about this.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Mostly Human - Robots - AbeCollins 20:58:48 04/17/17 (9)
- RE: Mostly Human - Robots - Jive Turkey 18:12:15 04/18/17 (0)
- SEIU is already planning their membership - Craiger56 14:29:42 04/18/17 (1)
- !!!!!!!!!!TRIGGERED!!!!!!!!!! nt - SF tech 15:54:15 04/18/17 (0)
- RE: Mostly Human - Robots - pictureguy 13:00:15 04/18/17 (3)
- AI is here - bullethead 13:43:30 04/18/17 (2)
- Will replacing humans with robots be beneficial? - Jay Buridan 12:41:07 04/18/17 (0)
- RE: Mostly Human - Robots - jedrider 21:37:18 04/17/17 (0)