Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: RE: So, you didn't understand my post, Mikey?! posted by Michael Samra on April 15, 2017 at 03:28:15:
First off, Mikey, thank you for the polite response! ;~)!
your signature tag by HL Mencken is, in its own way a statement of Mencken's own 'liberal arts' limitations.
In fact, as I have showed you - with the bus driver/conductor problem, there sometimes really are, simple, and clear solutions that dissolve the problem / make the problem go away.
HL Mencken happens to be one of my favourite American writers, but his limited vision / training drives that quote.
Some problems, like radical islamisicism, just don't have simple solutions. Bother / bugger, eh?!
So when HL Mencken says that NO such simple gordian-knot-cut solutions can exist he is just plain wrong. Try to believe me here.
One day soon I will be able to report on how the new 63s plus swarm subs is sounding.
When you are in full Summer, and I'm in full WINTER, I will be able to tell you if I prefer SS to the LEAKs strapped in mono, into the filtered 63s. AS you prescribed.
Tired old, grumpy, cancerous Timbo.
:-)! and ;-)!
Skeptical Measurer & Audio Scrounger
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Understanding an engineer - Michael Samra 16:14:25 04/14/17 (19)
- RE: Understanding an engineer - jec01 19:06:48 04/15/17 (0)
- #4 -- ouch. - free.ranger 13:23:40 04/15/17 (0)
- I hear the French are revolting... - oldmkvi 08:39:13 04/15/17 (3)
- Spike Milligan used to tell that as an Irish joke! - Timbo in Oz 14:25:25 04/15/17 (2)
- whaddya call an engineer in a hard-hat? - stan2 08:18:59 04/15/17 (0)
- Those are great * - Road Warrior 20:37:52 04/14/17 (0)
- LWR worthy ... "The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?" LOL nt - bjh 18:32:02 04/14/17 (0)
- the golfing story? - Timbo in Oz 17:02:24 04/14/17 (0)
- The flagpole story? - Timbo in Oz 16:58:25 04/14/17 (8)
- RE: The flagpole story? - Inmate51 09:34:47 04/17/17 (2)
- LOL! How many women carry a wrench and a tape measure? - Timbo in Oz 10:32:08 04/17/17 (1)
- RE: LOL! How many women carry a wrench and a tape measure? - Inmate51 12:07:35 04/17/17 (0)
- RE: The flagpole story? - DRam 09:07:05 04/17/17 (0)
- RE: The flagpole story? - Michael Samra 23:53:59 04/14/17 (3)Follow Ups
- "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken - Timbo in Oz 03:50:11 04/15/17 (0)