Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: I don't think that this forum s/w will allow a completely empty message field posted by mhardy6647 on April 14, 2017 at 07:21:10:
This is one of the fun things about being a computer expert.
Every character has an ASCII code number. The "space" character (the space bar on your keyboard) is ASCII 032. The "carriage return" ("Enter") character is ASCII 013. Both of these are "invisible", but are still characters.
As I used to say when I taught computer classes, "It's not a nothing, it's a something".
Edit: Put another way: Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.
Edits: 04/14/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - today's tom turkey tangle - mhardy6647 11:57:55 04/12/17 (22)
- RE: today's tom turkey tangle - Inmate51 09:40:13 04/13/17 (0)
- ... and a day later, a partially unfurled tom - mhardy6647 09:05:45 04/13/17 (1)
- Nice shot! (nt) - 1973shovel 15:32:59 04/13/17 (0)
- What's the deal with "Tom" ? - oldmkvi 07:13:05 04/13/17 (13)
- the etymology of this in English dates back at least as far as the mid 16C CE - Timbo in Oz 18:59:21 04/13/17 (3)
- With tom added to boy forming tom-boy, applied to boisterous young males.-Whoops! - oldmkvi 08:53:15 04/15/17 (2)
- No, the created term tomboy didn't shift to girls until a century or two later. - Timbo in Oz 14:20:42 04/15/17 (1)
- Transgender Language. What's Old is New! nt - oldmkvi 15:18:20 04/15/17 (0)
- Knock off the Tom foolery!... - musetap 15:35:23 04/13/17 (1)
- Yup, that's a Good One. But.... - oldmkvi 08:55:01 04/15/17 (0)
- no idea, unfortunately (nt) - mhardy6647 12:23:29 04/13/17 (6)
- RE: no idea, unfortunately (nt) - Inmate51 16:21:52 04/13/17 (5)
- I don't think that this forum s/w will allow a completely empty message field - mhardy6647 07:21:10 04/14/17 (4)
- When I use nt, so the reader won't have to open the post to see there is no further message, - oldmkvi 08:58:38 04/15/17 (0)
- RE: I don't think that this forum s/w will allow a completely empty message field - Inmate51 09:34:31 04/14/17 (2)
- RE: today's tom turkey tangle - double28 12:31:35 04/12/17 (3)
- RE: today's tom turkey tangle - bboroski 06:59:59 04/13/17 (2)
- the third male - mhardy6647 12:03:00 04/12/17 (0)