Home Whiner's Woad

Whining, swan dives and other inappropiate topics get moved here.

Another conspiracy theorist troll...

>If the recommended components list issues are a magazines biggest selling issues what does that tell us about the people who are reading the magazine, ie. audiophiles and/or people who are interested in buying audio equipment?>

It tells you people like comprehensive 'best of' lists.

>It tells me that audiophiles in general crave snake oil...>

Name some specific Recommended Components from the list that you find to be 'snake oil'.

We're waiting...

>...and that the magazines are willing to deliver it in spades in make more money. Ie - to sell more magazines as well as a value added benefit for the manufacturers who play ball (ie. use the magazine as a marketing vehicle). For years the audio press has been skillfully blurring the lines between being an audiophile resource and a marketing vehicle for industry insiders.>

For years idiots like you have been trying to cast aspersions on the equipment reviewing publications because they are supported by advertising so you can pay less than $1 an issue.

As JA will mention, there are many Recommended Components which have NEVER adverstised in the magazine.

If you know of any specific quid-pro-quos, please tell us about them.

Otherwise please go back into your cave....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.