Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: Regency Hf-350, More Information for you

Thank you to all who posted responses, your information was most helpfull. The one item that seemed to turn up the least information is the Regency HF-350.

Regency Electronics
In 1954 a group within Regency electronics called IDEA was producing a line of amps. The HF-350a was a power amp and the HF-350p was a preamp.
In about mid 1954 IDEA was given the task of producing the first comercial transistor radio. This radio was called the TR1 and was released in the 4th quarter of 1954. Regency had a pretty good jump on the competition with Texas Instruments transistor production behind them.
It is my asumption that their production, design, and marketing was better spent on promoting their exclusive product (make hay while the sun shines) then competing with the hordes of Hi-Fi manufacturers.
These circumstances might be why this beautifull amp and it's preamp are extremely hard to find today.
The strange thing about the pair is their inclusion in Sams Photofacts.
They Have 2 poted chokes on the front of the gold chassis and a poted power and output to balance out the rear of the chassis. Tubes used are from memory 5U4, 12AU7, 12BH7, And 5881's. It's apearance is beautifull.

Please keep me in mind if you find information on these units. I tried to post a picture unsucessfully.

Bill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Regency Hf-350, More Information for you - Billoradio@aol.com 14:16:28 12/28/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.