Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: No offense but I think you need to get out more...<nt>

Maybe I do need to get out more often, but doesn't in no way mean that I was wrong in my statement. All the high and mighty equipment made by such as: Teres; Foreplay (just another name for fooling around); Avid (as being nut about something, I guess); Nad; Lyra (a type of match); Cary; Cain and Cain (twin sons of Cain and Abel); Nottingham Space Deck (Englands space port); Cabassa (some nut problaby); JMLab (?); Rosewood (a kind of wood); McIntosh (this I know, high quality Stereo and Mono music playing equipment); Second Rethm (2nd what(?))! I know stereo is difficult for some to grasp, but when you old foggies get off of your reclining chairs, and take the megaphone's out of your ears (just kidding about the megaphones), you'll wake up to the fact that not all the listeners of music have the kind of money you may have to spend buying all these components.
The world doesn't spin on $12000 turntables, nor are listened to through Horns (Speakers) costing more then my car. My budget is based upon the following basic simple fact: what I earn is what I can spend, period. So I buy what I can afford....and I chose Sansui as my basis for the stereo equipment to listen to my albums, cd's, cassettes, and other media. I'm blasting all you members who lambast us non-users of these VHEE (Very High-End Equipment), who don't seem to agree upon your point of view, regardless of what we use. Yes, I'm talking about medium range versions of Sansui, Sony, Teac, Marantz, Akai, Pioneer, Panasonic, Technics, Sanyo, and other rice burners (I can tease about them, because I use them...like I use to say about 'Nam, if you never were there (in combat I mean), don't knock it...don't say anything about these that have been, because you show the rest us about how ignorant you really are). I have some great quality Japanese equipment (My Sansui G-8000 Receiver), and I have some so-so equipment also (a low end Kenwood intergrated amp and tuner). That doesn't mean that I am slamming your's systems either, dang it, I'm envious of what I see in the Inmate System's section. $12,000 turntable's, $10000 speaker's, wow!!!! But only a (very small vast) minority can afford some of these! I can't, and I render a guess that the vast majority of your readers can't either.
John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: No offense but I think you need to get out more...<nt> - jvm23605 06:04:21 12/28/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.