Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Wooden cabinets for the 9s

Likely you saw the same ones I had on Ebay last year; those cabinets are a real mystery as they were never offered by Marantz Japan, or cataloged as being available; I have called and asked them because I fielded a lot of enquiries from that Ebay listing and have the Japanese sales catalog for the reissues where the wood cabinet for the 9s is noteably absent
These were purchased from their original owner and he claimed thats just how they were supplied new; the Amps had never been out of those cases when they were delivered to me; the Amps had had very little use and hadnt required any maintenance tho they were checked over by Marantz Japan and given a clean bill of health prior to me selling them
There was no part number on the cases when I repacked them for export I took the Amps out of the cases; they were simply too good to be anything other than a factory job IMO
Kevin Hayes at VAC might know; he was responsible for the Marantz reissues, I have bought and sold several sets of the 9s, this being the only set I have ever seen with wooden cabinets. The cabinets looked superb, cant remember now whether these went to the USA or Singapore...
Graham

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Wooden cabinets for the 9s - grinagog 18:34:04 12/24/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.