Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: MC Phono Stages

First, thank you for the thoughtful response, and how could I obtain that Sid Smith instruction sheet for recommended modification to the Model 7 pre-amp? The reason for moving from the c-22 to the model 7 was simply to be consistant. With the model 9's and the 10b tuner I thought the model 7 would be more appropriate than a McIntosh unit. I am a little confused with you suggestion that I use the C22 (or the model 7) phono stage. The problem there, I thought, was that there wouldn't be sufficient gain in the case of a moving coil. You seem to agree with this by suggesting the T-10. Is this correct? I certainly would like to toss the creek audio and use only the model 7 phono stage, but would that work with the Micro Benz Ref cartridge? If it would, why would I want any phono stage, other than the Marantz pre-amp? I really am not trying to sound stupid, I just don't understand.
Your remarks about converting the Klipsch to a Vitavox, have found a receptive ear. How can that be accomplished?
James

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.