Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Re: MC Phono Stages

Having previously owned both the Model 9's and the Model 7,(heavily modified as per Sid Smith's instructions)I am curious as to why you would not be using the pre's phono stage. It is quite good if you upgrade caps and resistors. Using the Creek will definitely be a step backwards. I find it interesting that you are replacing the C-22 with the Model 7 as their circuits are virtually identical. For use with a moving coil I would recommend an Ortofon T-10 (cheap and good). Run the Model 9's in triode on the khorns. That should tame the Klipsch's harshness somewhat. I had the oportunity to own a Klipsch khorn and a Vitavox Khorn at the same time. Needless to say I quickly converted the Klipsch to a Vitavox. There really is no comparison. As for your statement about the restrictions of the vintage equipment I doubt if you can purchase many new products that will outperform your vintage pieces. Trust your ears not the reviews.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.