Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

You're not going to like this...

I dumped the 240's. Like $700 for the one, and I forgot the price on the other (great deals for someone, but they were bought As-Is and I made a minor profit). Gone through by a previous McIntosh Dealer Tech, but not like McShane. Through the years I just stumbled on some stuff and bought it for the heck of it. And than years later I'm saying to myself what am I doing with this gear, it's just sitting in the closet - why do I need five amps when I can only listen to one at a time - there's probably someone else out there that would really enjoy having it to listen to (oh, I had an Empire turntable (I think 698 I paid $400 for) that was stunning from the original owner, and a beautiful MR78 Tuner that made a guys day - I paid only $100 for it). I've become a semi-minimalist, if I'm not using it, it is gone. I only buy stuff now if I know I can pass it on to someone that it will make their day (family)- unless its like a upgrade to my current ARC LS28 preamp or I'd be a fool to pass on it ;)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You're not going to like this... - Charlie8521 15:17:32 07/28/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.