Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Dynakit PS-1

Hifiengine has manuals with pictorals and schmetices for both the PS-1 and PAM-1. The overall specs (voltage and current)for the PS-1 are listed in that manual as are the voltage readings for the supply.
Just sign up to access the HiFiengine, click on library then scroll to find Dynaco listings.
The PS-1 couldn't be more simple. Sourcing the power xfmr may take some looking but there's no real need, besides space, to have the filament xfmr in the same package and that's what it may take to locate one.
Years ago a friend built a supply for me to run two McIntosh C-8 Preamps and that's even simpler because it uses a diode as the rectifier. I also used that same supply with a minor B+ voltage tweak to power two home made Marantz Model 1 Electronic Crossovers.
That was back around 1980 and the Stancor power xfmr was around $30 then. I bet they are in the $80 plus range now but it was an overkill xfmr unlike the ones they used from the factory.

Edits: 08/12/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.