In Reply to: Heatkit UA1 & 2 posted by briggs on June 4, 2017 at 06:04:33:
Russ, great lesson, thats what I wanted! Keep it coming anytime I'm all eyes and ears.
Eli, always on the ball!
Russ, I am using a Heathkit AA-32 in my small living room and love it. As what you said Story I also have a subwoofer in play with the AA-32 and seem to look at an amp like the Heath W-5 with the giant Altec transformer as over kill. The cheap bastard in me has me wondering about smaller transformers and which ones you guys like. Thanks...Mark...lately the HF-14 and HF-12 Eicos are peeking my interest more than Nina Hartley!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Little Transformers (Vintage Kits) - email@example.com 15:52:52 06/03/17 (15)
- RE: got to throw Fisher in to the mix - rockdoc 14:08:24 06/07/17 (0)
- RE: Maybe we need to define "little"? - Russ57 09:48:16 06/04/17 (1)
- Interesting, thanks.... - Rod M 18:15:00 06/04/17 (0)
- I have owned all of the mentioned amps and am..... - viridian 09:46:39 06/04/17 (0)
- Heatkit UA1 & 2 - briggs 06:04:33 06/04/17 (3)
- RE: Heatkit UA1 & 2 - firstname.lastname@example.org 06:59:20 06/04/17 (2)
- RE: Just curious - Russ57 19:17:48 06/03/17 (1)
- RE: Just curious - Eli Duttman 02:16:12 06/04/17 (0)
- The PP transformers in the Eico EL-84 kits... - Ivan303 16:51:59 06/03/17 (3)
- Totally agree with this-the Eico's were outstanding - Story 17:11:16 06/03/17 (2)
- RE: Totally agree with this-the Eico's were outstanding - email@example.com 18:37:43 06/03/17 (1)
- RE: Totally agree with this-the Eico's were outstanding - Story 04:51:02 06/04/17 (0)
- well -- the EICO HF12/HF81 output transformers are excellent (nt) - mhardy6647 16:50:46 06/03/17 (0)