Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

A shout out for Shahinian speakers!

I always wanted to listen to the Obelisks in my home and finally bought a pair of 1990's vintage in excellent condition. I first heard them in Virginia about 1980 when I was in college and they were the best speaker at Digital Sound in Chesapeake VA. Anyway, I tried them with large Webster Tube amps (PP 6550) I have laying around and I thought they were pretty good. A good friend Dave Cox came to visit for Axpona bringing his Octave Research SS amps and the speakers came alive! They are excellent in my room that has 11 foot ceilings and fill the room very naturally with music. I find them to be one of the finest speakers that no one talks about anymore. As we all know there are amazing array of great vintage speakers. That all have their own magic I love the Magnepan Tympani speakers, Acoustats, Ohm F's, Jbl's , Electro voice, Jensens, Quads and many others. The Shahinians should definitely be in the conversation! I listen to mostly classical and Jazz and these speakers bring music in the room with their own version of magic! They are very compelling in a manageable small package.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - A shout out for Shahinian speakers! - Baranyi 04:37:26 05/27/17 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.