In Reply to: RE: Last Pas by David Vorhis posted by 1973shovel on May 19, 2017 at 05:16:12:
I don't know what to tell you but the wiring is from the Last PAS. I know what you mean about the big cap banks, mine came without them...I saw them in the article.
It's in the middle. I traded an extra PAS to a new friend from the old Audiomart. He wired the preamp and a Stereo 70 Purist Audio mod for me. In return I made up a faceplate.
I went to a trophy store and had a little brass plate made up that said (Modification by Bob Gates) just big enough to cover the tone controls. A little strip of wood covers 2 slide switches. I only have on/off and tape monitor. I ran out of PAS-2 knobs so I used some from a SCA-80Q or PAT-4. It used to be spit -shine bright but now may look like Grandpa Munsters old little dusty Eico.
I still talk to Bob all the time, an audio penpal from the early eighties. He was room mates in college or the Air Force with Jim Aud who runs Purist Audio. If something differs from the original Last PAS it's okay with me. I look in awe at some of his soldering.
I know a year ago you tried to show me how to send a picture, I still have the instructions written down. Well Vinnie made it simple enough for simply me to do it now....but he might of awakened a sleeping giant as now I could attack with quirky audio project pictures much like the boring slide shows Fred Rutherford projects for the Cleavers...take care Mark K.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Blueglow Electronics - email@example.com 16:20:38 05/12/17 (41)
- RE: Blueglow Electronics - Hornlover 08:34:18 05/15/17 (0)
- Thanks, Mark. - Jim Treanor 14:43:01 05/13/17 (0)
- I was subscribed to that one as well. - Michael Samra 13:26:30 05/13/17 (0)
- Nice site Mike, thanks - airtime 13:20:08 05/13/17 (2)
- It was all Marks doing... - Uncle Mike 14:01:07 05/13/17 (1)
- Opps meant Mark - sorry nt - airtime 18:30:58 05/13/17 (0)
- Maybe it's just stagefright - 1973shovel 12:31:27 05/13/17 (23)
- RE: SP3 - fredtr 18:28:48 05/13/17 (22)
- There were a few posts a few years ago from Mike Samra - 1973shovel 08:39:55 05/14/17 (21)
- I basically McShaned it and it worked very well. - Michael Samra 20:30:13 05/14/17 (18)
- There's no substitute for stiff power supplies - E-Stat 19:19:26 05/15/17 (2)
- RE: There's no substitute for stiff power supplies - Michael Samra 15:41:23 05/17/17 (1)
- RE: There's no substitute for stiff power supplies - PakProtector 02:36:50 05/18/17 (0)
- Thanks Mike! - 1973shovel 08:01:07 05/15/17 (0)
- RE: I basically McShaned it and it worked very well. - fredtr 06:44:33 05/15/17 (13)
- RE: I basically McShaned it and it worked very well. - firstname.lastname@example.org 08:41:00 05/15/17 (12)
- RE: I basically McShaned it and it worked very well. - fredtr 11:36:44 05/15/17 (10)
- Really? - 1973shovel 11:54:49 05/15/17 (9)
- RE: Really? - Uncle Mike 14:15:11 05/15/17 (1)
- Thank you - 1973shovel 16:13:00 05/15/17 (0)
- RE: Really? - fredtr 13:18:17 05/15/17 (6)
- Strippers - 1973shovel 16:07:40 05/15/17 (5)
- RE: Strippers - email@example.com 16:36:56 05/15/17 (4)
- Mark - 1973shovel 10:43:21 05/15/17 (0)
- RE: There were a few posts a few years ago from Mike Samra - fredtr 09:00:59 05/14/17 (1)
- "Nice to hear someone else with a positive PAS experience" - 1973shovel 07:59:29 05/15/17 (0)
- RE: Blueglow Electronics - Uncle Mike 09:53:15 05/13/17 (1)
- RE: Blueglow Electronics - vinnie2 12:42:17 05/13/17 (0)
- RE: Blueglow Electronics - vinnie2 03:31:09 05/13/17 (8)
- RE: Blueglow Electronics - double28 13:32:42 05/13/17 (3)
- RE: Blueglow Electronics - vinnie2 16:46:03 05/13/17 (2)
- Take it easy Vinnie - Uncle Mike 04:41:36 05/13/17 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: Last Pas by David Vorhis - firstname.lastname@example.org 13:33:22 05/20/17 (0)