Some guy is selling a Yamaha CA-800 integrated amp (which can be used as a very nice 10 watt per channel class A power amp) as "Vintage Yamaha CA 800 Reciever AMP WORKS!"
and claims " Reviews are off the charts. This is considered the best receiver on the Vintage market."
I emailed him, "It's not a receiver, it's an integrated amp. Who says it's the best vintage receiver? Please, no Trumpian "truthful hyperbole.""
Every time someone lies or "hyperbolates" it damages our community. I still may bid on the thing, as I know and like the piece. But I'm wary of the seller.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - On the Bay of Ees - Lee of Omaha 08:15:54 05/20/17 (5)
- FWIW, I don't think that is hyperbole as much as a misguided choice of terminology - mhardy6647 05:48:14 05/21/17 (0)
- Careful now - airtime 11:57:57 05/20/17 (1)
- RE: Careful now - SpotcheckBilly12345 13:33:00 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: On the Bay of Ees - Uncle Mike 08:59:54 05/20/17 (1)
- RE: On the Bay of Ees - Lee of Omaha 09:12:20 05/20/17 (0)