Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: I basically McShaned it and it worked very well.

Hi,
I'm finally going to start a Dyna Mark 3 rebuild. This project started in 1984 when the UPS delivered them on the hottest day of our planet to me on the 4th floor,C.O.D., and I didn't have the money on me. They were in one box. You could see it in his face and eyes he was about ready to swing at me! The saga continued......
I was finally ready to build when I saw the Blueglow video. I had one more chore to finish, paint the bells on the transformers. So as complete as this guy Mark's videos I have to ask you pros 2 questions I have that maybe were not addressed as much.
1. Years ago when I took the amps apart I nipped the transformer lead wires close to the tube sockets off without thinking I should of de-soldered as I could run out of lead length when re building them.I know the rule is before soldering you should have a good physical connection. If I have to extend some transformer wire leads what would be the best physical way to connect those 2 wires before solder and shrink tubing....side by side(abutted), hook into hook ends and crimp, or twisted?
2. When it came time to strip teflon wires he had a fancy heated wire stripper that seems a little costly for me to get. Could I just heat up my little Radio Shack strippers and use a kitchen mitt glove and the flame of my gas stove? I bought some Teflon wire from Dynaparts....thought you guys might have some stripping tips as I heard most of you hang out in stripper bars?.....
If they put those Blueglow videos on major TV networks do you think the ratings would be off the charts or would people think it's to nerdy and switch over to the Big Bang show.....thanks for any help.....Mark K.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.