As most of you know,sourcing a volume pot for MAC C20 preamp can be expensive and a chore.You can now get an original style one made HK or China for 259usd.It also has the on/off switch,just like the original and the 289usd Gold Point version.
I have an idea that may or may not work.Since the C20 is a four gang pot where it has two 100k log taper pots for the first 2 sections and it has two 1M linear taper pots for the back 2 sections.None have loudness taps to contend with on the C20.
Has anyone tried to take a 4 section Alps pot apart and put in a section of a different value? If we could do this for C20s,people's prayers would be answered.Only thing you would forfeit is the on/off switch as Alps pots don't have them on this type.This pot isn't the value needed but I want you to see the architecture of the pot.You may have to source two pots to get a mix of values.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - McIntosh C20 volume pot/ - Michael Samra 05:15:55 05/14/17 (6)
- RE: McIntosh C20 volume pot/ - dls123 09:14:00 05/14/17 (3)
- Here is your i meg linear taper pot that we need for the rear sections. - Michael Samra 20:23:38 05/14/17 (1)
- RE: Here is your i meg linear taper pot that we need for the rear sections. - airtime 07:22:08 05/15/17 (0)
- RE: McIntosh C20 volume pot/ - airtime 09:32:58 05/14/17 (0)
- RE: McIntosh C20 volume pot/ - airtime 08:46:24 05/14/17 (1)
- RE: McIntosh C20 volume pot/ - Michael Samra 15:44:58 05/14/17 (0)