Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

New "Old" Amp ...

I'd been thinking about making some changes to my system when a buddy on the forum told me he'd buy my preamp if I ever decided to sell it. So, I sold it to him.

Then I listed my amp... and it sold too.

I decided an integrated is what I wanted and something from back in the day when I was in the biz.

I knew exactly what I wanted... a Yamaha CA-1010, but it had to be in superb condition and local... no shipping.

I hit pay dirt this week...

Ain't she sweeeeeet !

I am so happy !

I picked it up yesterday and listened to it all night.

Its all about synergy and the CA-1010 gets along with the rest of my system like they've known each other forever. It supposedly has been "recapped", but I'll have a buddy of mine check it out and do whatever it needs.

The 1010 was a current product my first year in the business... and as I said, nostalgia is important to me.

Music is full of emotion... and at the risk of sounding corny, I think components (beyond sonically) compound the effect.

Dean.

reelsmith's axiom: Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - New "Old" Amp ... - reelsmith. 17:02:52 04/28/17 (25)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.