In Reply to: My MX110x refurb, before and after posted by GRH on April 26, 2017 at 16:52:21:
Pretend to be Mike? He's nobody.You did a nice job there my friend and that Mike guy should feel honored you mentioned him.You did a fabulous job from what I see and it's nice and neat and truthfully,I think it looks and no doubt sounds better than original. The only think I suggest would be putting in Schottky Cree diodes in the power supply.That does help these units quite a bit.
Which lytics did you change out for orange drops because I don't know of any orange drops as big as lytics in value?
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken
Edits: 04/26/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - My MX110x refurb, before and after - GRH 16:52:21 04/26/17 (9)
- Absolutely Nice work!!! Great tube preamp in my experience! - spindoctor 16:09:04 04/28/17 (0)
- RE: My MX110x refurb, before and after - docw 15:19:30 04/27/17 (4)
- RE: My MX110x refurb, before and after - GRH 16:18:48 04/27/17 (3)
- "There were three makers of that tonearm, Mayware, Sonus, and a third I can't recall" - 1973shovel 09:46:44 04/28/17 (2)
- RE: My MX110x refurb, before and after - Michael Samra 17:04:47 04/26/17 (2)