Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: The device you're describing

Hi,
thanks you guys for all the info. I do have a nice Variovac I bought a few years ago. I have slowly warmed up old vacuum tube stuff but never thought about the outlet voltage.
That Variovac, the home made one, caught my eye when the builder told why he made it.
I have 2 nice Dynas I love but they have a small hum to them. I have tried losts of experiments and even bought a Emotiva power strip with 2 outputs to solve things. Out of all the answers I got from another forum no one mentioned the correct voltage from the wall outlet, even Van Alstine who suggested his devise which is like the Emotiva, the HumDinger.
So unless I get (don't waste your time) from someone I'm going to hook that Variovac up at 115 volts and report to you all on my audible findings. Theres no wrestling on tonight so it will give me a little project to do.....thanks you all...Mark K.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The device you're describing - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 08:29:19 04/05/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.