I'm also worried. It's come from a long way and from ebay. The seller seems like a smart guy so I hope he packed it well (as he said he did) and I get it in one piece!
I have a pair of 690ii speakers that are waiting for it to arrive and two turntables (a Sony PS-X5 and a Music Hall MMF-5) both of which qualify as vintage now I think because the MH will be 20 years old in 2020.
I am waiting for a high end vintage Yamaha turntable to round out the set as soon as I can get one from HIFIDO.
BUT TODAY!!!! Today, I am looking forward to hooking up both turntables and hearing what all the hubub is about with these vintage (almost) monster receivers. I only wish FM radio was broadcasting anything I cared about since I have heard the tuner on this thing is better than the Marantz tuners. AND I have an outdoor antenna for FM which sits unused because Miami radio is awful.
If it works as advertised, I will listen to it for a few months before I send it off to be completely restored.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - I am so EXCITED! Yamaha CR 2020 arriving today! - MannyE 14:36:40 03/24/17 (14)
- RE: I am so EXCITED! Yamaha CR 2020 arriving today! - double28 16:23:21 03/27/17 (0)
- Congrats ! ... - reelsmith. 11:01:40 03/27/17 (0)
- Manny, did you see the three factory bulletins on hifiengine.com? - alaskahiatt 10:35:38 03/25/17 (5)
- RE: Manny, did you see the three factory bulletins on hifiengine.com? - MannyE 11:12:12 03/25/17 (4)
- Have you contacted Hollywood Sound? (MT( - J. S. Bach 17:55:47 03/26/17 (0)
- I would think that someone in your large area would be capable of - alaskahiatt 11:36:56 03/26/17 (2)
- RE: I would think that someone in your large area would be capable of - MannyE 03:23:50 03/27/17 (1)
- Understand. :^) nt - alaskahiatt 09:57:49 03/27/17 (0)
- It arrived intact! - MannyE 06:17:50 03/25/17 (1)
- Picture - MannyE 06:43:27 03/25/17 (0)
- RE: I am so EXCITED! Yamaha CR 2020 arriving today! - DannyR 20:35:52 03/24/17 (0)
- why a CR-2020 and not a CA-2010? - mhardy6647 19:12:04 03/24/17 (2)