Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: what are those bypass caps?

Those are 35uf film caps that I use for added decoupling in parallel with the 40uf lytic which we change to a 100uf lytic.The 35uf film caps are doing most of the work due to the film cap's efficiency and low ESR and ESL.Try putting a film cap off the GZ34 of that Scott 222 you are working on. Just use a 30uf or 35uf poly,nothing extra.Tell me what you think.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

Edits: 03/19/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.