Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

It's a great receiver.

I have two, both recapped and one thoroughly updated (even to new op-amps in the tuner section). Either way is well worth it, and the result is very clean sound, with the ability to drive most speakers very well; and excellent tuner and phono sections (REALLY excellent), IMO better by a ways than, e.g., my Advent 300 or Fisher 400 which are usually held out as benchmarks in this tier.

Brian Levy has been a big advocate for years, he says that the Lab Series rivals or equals his Mc gear from the same era. AT one time, there was a pretty active circle of owners at AudioKarma.

If you search here, try with and without the AH prefix and maybe add a "1" to the model - the 787 was silver, the 7871 was black, and I've never been able to tell for sure which was more common, but they are identical inside as far as I know.

I wish I could send you one, but my manual is bound paper. I've seen PDF versions out there.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • It's a great receiver. - ToddM 08:01:56 02/08/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.