Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Well it's about time!

Oh yes. I'm going to have it gone through and updated/upgraded. The seller is including the service bulletins for the power switch resistors and two or three other factory recommended procedures and the service manual along with the user manual.

In addition, I'm looking for a local guy that will go through and replace the old electrolytic capacitors and check the bias, etc.

This is one case where vintage isn't really a bargain, but still a great value. Cosmetics seem "minty" in the pics, but I'm a freak and I always try to restore things to "as new" so in the end I will probably end up spending right about what it is going for in tip top shape anyway.

So why not buy one that's already restored and in tip top shape? Because that's no fun and I feel it's important to preserve these things for future crazy people.

This will add one more "survivor" to the pile. I put that in quotes because in classic cars a survivor is a car that remains in untouched pristine "from the factory" condition and is often used as a reference for a 100 point restoration. In this case, I guess a classic receiver like this can be used to get information to get another one working again.

In any case, I will document the work in detail so others can benefit.

Edits: 01/27/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.