Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Lazarus basic preamp

It works to certain extent.

Phono section hums with 60hz motorboating/ oscillation at every 5 seconds apart that is volume dependent. After doing some measurements, HV regulator decoupling cap is the suspect for now.

The original parts in this preamp are marginal at best. The 250v metalized coupling/ decoupling caps everywhere are destined to be ruined with constant stress. The decoupling cap at HV regulator is constantly stressed at 280v with 250v specs. The filament cap is a cheap 50v cap but is designed to take 48v. What a joke!

In terms of the cookbook, to spend 50 EU from a foreign country simply doesn't make sense. I respect the designer's copyright, however he has passed away. I am actually very puzzled by the lack of info for this preamp. Schematics seems a secret of some sort purposely hidden by this manufacturer. I don't understand the mentality of that, and no wonder this company cannot survive the real world. I guess I will just hand trace it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.