Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Sherwood S-5000

The 35uf film cap that sits in the upper left corner,in place of the three section positive ground cap and that's why I made up a replacement on a terminal strip to sit underneath the chassis.

This is the smaller version of the 7189 Sherwood that has a little less power but still,a superb amp.The three filter caps you see in the top right corner replace the positive ground filter cap.You make this up with a terminal strip.The green cap is a NP 330uf at 50v and the other two are 100uf at 100v and 220uf at 100v. All three are muse caps.You also put new resistors on the strip as well.

You see a glare on the green cap making it look like two caps but
" bit it's only one cap. Anyway,the four section filter cap is replaced with a 100/100 at 500v JJ and the 35uf poly,and the 6.8uf red film cap that you see. I just wanted to point these things out because I have people asking me about replacing the positive ground filter cap that no longer exists.You do have to drill two holes to mount the terminal strip but you could also goop it in.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Sherwood S-5000 - Michael Samra 15:49:01 12/18/16 (26)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.