Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: So what did it sound like?

Once upon a time....I had a friend....who spent hours listening to music at my house while his GF worked out with my GF. Turns out he had a rich audiophile friend. This was rather early on in my audio adventure.

After a lot of pestering on my part, and missions on his part, he reported back on what the guy had. I told him he had to get me an invite as I had never had the privilgae to hear such a system. That is when he confided that "He could be at his house but chose to listen to my system as it did a lot of little things better". I didn't/couldn't buy that considering the names and money involved.

I finally got my listen and had to admit my humble system was better in some areas. I have since become to doubt the importance of certain things. I will say one is a 3D soundstage since you mentioned it. I'm not sure it is real as I don't hear one in my living room with live music.

So what did you think? Did it, by any chance, leave you feeling it sounded great but just didn't "emotionally connect"? Strangely...on this guys system, some of the albums that sounded magical on mine....just sounded ho-hum flat on his.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.