Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: No disagreement there

OK, I can see that explanation for EMF. I can't deny that EMF exists. When I worked at the store that sold the Magic Brick, it was explained to me by one of the other salesman in very New Age terms, rather than just EMF. It sounded pretty off-the-wall to me, which is why I did not bother to try it.

I suppose it wound not be hard to build one. I think all it that was in the pretty wooden boxed was transformer laminates. The big problem is keeping the laminates from rattling. One DIY sight suggested steel bearings. Of course there is always Shakti Stones, but they are not cheap. Do you use the Brick on your Threshold?

On a side note, I did notice in the Audio Advisor catalog, that there are a few EI transformers used. The Schiit Bitfrost and a Vincent preamp appear from the pictures to be using them. I wonder what kind of schiit they are on! (Audio Advisor likes to show the guts.) I am willing to concede in this case that the exception proves the rule.

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.